Sunday, August 30, 2009

LLDS==>L.E.A.D


This is my first english post...hahaha...I hope it will not be the last.
I went to this LLDS held by AIESEC USM at Bayu Emas, Batu Feringghi(again~refer this)last weekends.

We departed from USM on Friday and came back on Sunday.

DAY 1:

We arrived at about 7pm and after we had our dinner, as usual, it was ice breaking time. Each group had to think and present their own family tree, group name, and roll call.
Some group names were funny, like LOVE means "losing our virginity effectively" XD. Our group name was INCESTss, it was not what you are thinking. It means "Intelligence,Noisy,Curious,Excited,Serious,Talented,SYOK SENDIRI". But it was kinda paise when doing our roll call =.='''
And each group was given an egg to take care of, but one group broke it on the spot so they get punished. XD
After a game and some square dances, we went to bed.

That’s all for the first day.

DAY 2:

Woke up at 7am=.= No time to have my breakfast because the bathrooms were occupied. I wonder how come guys took longer time to shower than girls. May be I should blame myself for not waking up earlier (my alarm was set at 630am XD).

It was a tough day with a lot of simulation sessions and education.

During education session, we were guide by our own department's VP. Before my VP started, she asked us to pair up and each pair got a condom from her. What we did with it? XD She asked us to think of a creative way to use it besides the original one. My partner actually came out with this idea that we use it as a pacifier. I was like har?! Are you serious??? How can you putting it into a baby's mouth? =.= But since she was insist, then I got nothing to say lo. After the first group presentation, then only we know we need to demonstrate. I asked her, are you going to put it into your mouth? So we came out with another idea which was mine. Something like protecting your keyboard from being dirtied by your fingers la, imagine yourself. Our group surprisingly got the most creative idea; I think may be because the others were like as a glove or hair rubber band, those were common. And guess what our prize was? Yup it was a condom again and a lubricant. Anyone needs it? hahaha...I can give it to you if you wan. XD It was the first time I see the real condom and I feel quite GELI when I touched it. I never knew it can be expanded to so big and it can actually cover the whole palm=.=

After all those boring sessions (lol..), we were gathered to do some sharing. So I got "betrayed" by my own manager, he raised up my hand. Luckily I no need to go in front. I just shared what I learned and it was good that I was not shaking. Haha…

Learned the steps of a few square dances, I was so KAKU=.=

I love a session called X-Y something, forgot its name already. It was something like a guessing game. We were divided into 4 groups and each group came out with a decision of choosing X or Y. Different combination of all will either makes us gain or lose points. We were given three bonus rounds and we can send one representative for discussion. In the end, after 10 rounds, our results were actually bad. It was not what I expected. I was hoping for a win-win situation, but one group was actually breaking our promise during the last round. At first, our group was cheating the others because one of us actually wanted to win. For me, It was just a game, so what if we got the least points and get punished? But human is greedy by nature, what to do?
After all, it was a game that teaches us about co-operation and commitment.

At night, we went to workshops. There were 6 workshops including "presentation skills”, “creative thinking", "time management", "rebranding", "critical thinking”, and I can’t remember the rest. We needed to sign up for three and I chose “presentation skills”, “rebranding” and “time management”.

Out of three workshops, I like “rebranding” the most. It was basically about self-confidence. Without self-confidence, we can’t take the first step.
That’s what I need now. I am still training myself and I feel I got some improvement. XD

Night stalk:
The faci created a scene: someone is killed and we needed to go around collecting clues for solution. I like this session also. It was funny and fun. Those faci were really good in acting.

On the same day, our egg got stolen. =( So we got punishment from the faci.

It was about 2am when we got back to our apartment. I was so energetic so I follow them for yam cha session, lol…until 4am only I went to sleep.

p/s: our group were asked to change our group name as the original one was not that nice to hear, so we got our new name as "faster la~" XD

DAY 3:

Last day!!!

I LOVE the culture simulation, hee…from this I got a new name called WIKI, and was changed by someone become wiki pedia now.

During sharing part, I was once again “betrayed” by my manager XD. This time was actually encouraged by him and another senior, so I volunteered myself to go in front and share. However, I am still the lack confidence me so I was actually shaking out there, and I was too nervous that I went blank. I think my face must be blushing that time. =.=
It was a good step for me, I hope next time I will stay longer.

World café session
It was like a group discussion based on a topic given.
We needed to register for two topics. So I chose abortion and English in science and mathematics.
Now it was not a difficult task for me to voice out my opinions, so it was fun during this session.
However, during the second topic discussion, I was so weak there. I wanted to speak but I was not given a chance to do so. The people were so good in arguing and they don’t even stop. So I ended up being so quiet there.

Next, was my favourite session!!!
GUARDIAN ANGEL reveal!
It was time for us to know who our guardian angel is. It was surprising and I got sweets from my angel last night.
Some guardian angels were really good and caring.

Giving award time!!!
Our group got the best group~yeah! It was kinda surprise.

O ya, our egg got stolen again on this day. It was so easy to steal our egg. ><
And finally~ it was the end of L.E.A.D for 2009. I do enjoy it and I really learned something. Hee…got some “sugar” from new friends and I am happy. *sweet*

4 comments:

成亿 said...

so much fun and excitement...too bad i got test on 29th aug, if not, i'm sure gonna be there...

you'll be good at speaking in front once you have confidence in yourself...so don't worry...

wk said...

haha...go next year then...or go for myLDS in Dec...

ya..that's why I want to train myself starting from now..

成亿 said...

hmm...so u goin la for MyLDS in Dec???

wk said...

hmm...not sure yet...may be geh...